Thursday, March 31, 2005

Hopelessly Lost.

I keep forgetting to mention this...

D and I are hooked on 'Lost'.

I had no intention of ever watching this show. When I first heard about it I thougt it was another reality show. I knew several people that were hooked, and one even said they thought it seemed very much like something I would like. I just didn't think so.

Then I watched one episode. I 'somehow' managed to watch the next, but this time I pulled D in with me. That's all it took. This show great. The best part is how deeply layered everything is. You have to watch the rerun episodes, because you miss things. Everything is connected. EVERYTHING. This had to take ages to write, and I feel pretty confident the ending won't be a let down. The only thing I'm already worrying about is if they bring some kind of conclusion to this season, how will the following season be able to keep up the suspense?

There's lots of speculation about what the island is...pergatory, everyone is dead but one, it's an experiment, all in comas. I'm going to throw schizphrenia into the lot. Not that it makes any sense, it's just one way to account for all the people, all being connected, if they were all inside someone's head as personalities.