Tuesday, October 11, 2005

England

I can't believe I started to post again, and forgot to mention this! I am FINALLY getting to go to England!!! It's only for a short 4 day stay in December but I can not wait. Ok, if you're from there you can poo poo my excitement, but I've always wanted to go. Since I was like 10. I've never been anywhere in Europe. Even better it will the holiday season so all the Christmas decorations and stuff will be up in London. I'm going over and meeting friends in Cambridge, then going with them down to London. I'm going to try to pack as much in as I can in the short time I have. Big on my wish list of things to see and do is the Tate Modern. Other than that I just want to walk around and take it all in. Next year I want to go for a longer stay and go with D. Visit our friends in Exeter. But this time I'm actually excited about going by myself. Well, at least for the part until I meet up with our friends.

The only hard part about the trip is the exchange rate is HORRIBLE. And I'm bad at math. I'll have to print out a pocket chart or something. If I convert $500 dollars, I'll get about $245 pounds. Ouch!! I will have to be very picky about what I buy to bring back for gifts. I'm def buying chocolate though. I love Flake. Silly I know, but there isn't anything like that in the States. Or those little chocolate balls or eggs that have toys in them. What are they called? Our nieces and nephews will like them.

So here's your chance - where should I go and what should I buy?