Thursday, June 22, 2006

But Dad, I've never gotten Poison Ivy...

but I've got it now. Not bad actually, but I definitely have it. It's either from scrambling up the banks thru the weeds while we were fishing (but that was severaldays ago) OR it's from two nights ago when I was scrambling thru the woods looking for Ned after he chased his first rabbit, and going thru the woods several times to get him from the neighbors. I think the stuf on my arms is actually from carrying him. Dad siad he thought he got a bit from holding Ned as well.

But it is weird. I really can't remember ever getting it. All the years of being in the woods with Grape Ape and handling her, never had any come off her fur onto me, or just from the plants.

Last year weeding around the garden I even crushed some in my hand to see if I'd get it. Nothing. And YES - it was poison ivy. This time I've just got tiny little red bumps. Pretty spreadout, and they aren't itching. Glad I got the gene for fighting PI. My brother gets it awfully bad. I rememember him in high school with his forearms wrapped in gauze because they were just solid blisters. And he had to take medicine, and it itched horribly.

Wouldn't it be awesome if the reason I was open to getting it was because I'm pregnant and my hormones are messed up and somehow I got it? That's how warped all this infertilty stuff makes you. You get excited about poison ivy.

Tonight btw - I took three of the glucopage pills. My back didn't hurt yesterday or today. Wanna make a bet it does tomorrow? If it does I'm staying at two pills.

Latest Ned story: I had every Harry Potter hardback but the 2nd one. I finally got around to ordering one really cheap second hand online and it came Monday. Tonight he tore the dust jacket off and did good number on the spine. Oh well. I'll tape the cover back together and write a note in it about what happened. Then maybe 80 years from now a grandkid will read it and someone will tell them about Ned.