Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Red Stick

Hello from Baton Rouge, Louisiana!

I'm in the hotel lobby killing time as my plane doesn't take off til 3:45, and its 8am. We were told we'd have morning meetings - but we didn't. And all the morning flights are sold-out. It's not worth waiting to get stand-by - because the BR airport is so small, there is nothing there if you're stuck for several hours. So after I post this, I'm heading over to Barnes and Noble to kill even more time. Get a Chai, maybe buy this months bookclub book. The way its going I'll have 600 pages killed in no-time.

It's been a great trip. Anytime I get to come down here to our corp headquarters its a great experience. They know how to host in the South.

They put us up on a Suite hotel. I had two bedrooms and a jacuzzi tub, and kitchen. Which is nice, but odd. Just seemed like expensive over kill. But the hotel is across te street from corp and has a nice, free breakfast available each morning.

The weather has been great. About 80 degrees, blue skies, and the humidty hasn't been that bad. Lots of flowers out everwhere, and littel geckos everywhere you look. I had a big albino one waiting for me on my door. Big= 3 inches. And no - didn't take my camera. I need to get a really small, cheap, pocket digital to take on trips.

The reason for the trip was to participate in a focus group to talk about our hottest product - digital billboards. They only invited about a dozen people down for it, and it was really a bit of an honor to be selected. It was just SO great to be involved in a discussion with such a great group of people, from such various backgrounds. Best part - we went off into smaller groups for a quick project, then had to present it to the larger group. I got to present - and it was just such a nice feeling to get up and talk in front of a group of people that are exctited about what you're saying and giving you feed back. Loved it - and really made up for the 8th grade fiasco. Affirming moment.

EVERYONE who works for our company, I just can't say it enough - are such good people. Anytime a group of us gets together its like a friggin family reunion. Laughs, hugs, food and drink all the time. Its just been a great work experience.

Well I need to log off - the guy sitting next to me is having printer trouble - and is about to throw his keyboard.