Thursday, November 18, 2004

Roadkill


I just read this article on increasing auto accidents in the US caused by animals. The photo is actually the road I live on. And I have hit a deer on it. It’s crazy how much wildlife we have in just our neighborhood, let alone our area. The deer come out in mass at dusk, so driving home from work you can usually count 30-40 deer in the main field in our neighborhood at once. They’re so content that at night you see them all bedding down all over the place laying with their legs curled under them with no fear or cares. One is a big 4-6 point Buck. Lately we’ve also seen a lot of possums and raccoons and squirrels the size of cats. We’ve also been told by our neighbor that we have coyotes moving through our woods. Great. I’m thinking chubby April would look mighty tasty to a hungry Coyote. (I haven’t seen one yet though.)