Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Work has been really busy. We're getting a smartboard - an electronic billboard and there's a lot to do to prepare. Ups wing is I'm glad to be learning something new and I spent the day at the Pittsburgh office learning the product. Had a nice day in the city.

Life has been busy as well. I hosted a "Girl!" party Sunday. Had all my girlfriends over for food, drinks and games. I invited like 20 girls and almost ALL of them came. Crazy! It was a lot of fun though good food and gallons of sangria. I love hosting events! I even love getting ready for them because I usually use it as a booster to get a project done around the house. (got the master bath done this time) But I hate the initial start of the party when I'm still getting food out, introducing people, rushing around. It's not until the food is done that I get a chance to visit with people. We played pictionary and guesstures, and we all laughed our asses off. I don't actually own pictionary, so I have the peopel on each team write a person, place, thing, and movie on a slip of paper and stick it in a bowl. Then teams switch bowls. One team wrote easy stuff like "shovel", the other team - no joke - wrote the "Ayatollah Khomeni" down as a 'person'. We rejected that one. You can't expect someone to draw that. Especially when the person had NO IDEA who or what that was.

One of the funny stories from the party is that a girl we know who is crazy, totally crazy, has been saying she's in the bookclub and has several times used it to cut out of things. "oh look at the time, sorry I have to leave, gotta get to book club"... Or say she has to go finish reading her book before the next meeting. This is someone that wasn't even invited to be in the book club. Because she is nuts. I find this extremely funny.

In other news, our garden is close to being named ChimChim because it's such a freakin monkey on our backs. Why couldn't we put in a tiny cute little garden? ugh. Let see what else... my husband actually broke his chain saw from too much use. It even says on the owners manual "for occasional use only". They probably didn't mean everday for several hours a day. Lowe's let him return it and trade-up to a bigger model.

We've been told to keep on "trying" for two more months, then maybe we should call and maybe they'll get me in for some testing. That all pretty much sucks.

I love the Shuffle I won. I did start running again and it makes the time and distance go so much faster. I also started doing yoga again every morning. I still miss taking it from a class though.

I seriously need a vacation. I don't think I've gone on one since our honeymoon. Trips to the beach with family are not counted in on this. I need a few days somewhere, preferably sunny with my husband. Camping is ok, a hotel would be better. But I feel really burnt out.

Memorial Day weekend we have friends coming to stay and I am looking forward to that. Oh - before that we have our anniversary to look forward to next week. 2 years! I think we waiting to see Star Wars until then. Our movie theater FINALLY remodeled. Actually looking forward to movies now, where before it wa actually nicer to wait and see it on DVD at home.