Wednesday, March 02, 2005

World Book Day

Tomorrow is World Book Day. I just updated my bookclub's blog with an article that has a great list of books. I was in Barnes & Noble the other day and I could've easily walked out of there with an armload of books. I'd love to design book jackets. Love walking around looking at all the designs, which unless you already know of a book, is what sucks you in to pick it up. I've been reading a lot this winter. New stuff and re-reading old books. We had a question in bookclub, what book have you re-read the most? No one had ever read a book more than once. I found that amazing. I re-read books all the time. That's why I like to buy them. But also read really fast, so I churn thru them fairly quickly. Baba mentioned she was reading the 5th Harry Potter, and I seriously felt like some escapism, so I re-read the the 4th and 5th last week. Might seem like a waste of time, but it was relaxing and I'd rather do that than watch TV. Not much else to do in February around here. But a friend loaned me a book, so I'll celebrate tomorrow with a new read.