Friday, February 03, 2006

Surrounded by it

Since October I have had 9 NINE friends at one stage or another of pregnancy. 2 popped out over the holidays. One had a girl yesterday, one is due next week. You'd think with it all around it would be in the air and somehow it would happen by osmosis. I went to the local gym last night with J. She is so big, measuring 3 weeks ahead, the baby is 8 lbs already. We went so she could float around the pool. She's so cute, but so damn big. She said it really helped and really felt good. Can't wait to see her little girl next week when she arrives.

I went to the Chiro this morning. He thinks it can't hurt. So I'm going to go once a week for a month leading up to next month when hopefully we can start stuff. Hopefully. Hate this rollercoaster. One nice thing to realize is it really does happen to just tons of people. I don't know why I hadn't thought to do it before, but there are TONS of infertility blogs out there - TONS. Most seem to have pretty clever names and graphics.

Speaking of not alone...going on the annual ski-trip this weekend. My one girlfriend who's been trying for years longer than me is going as well. Be good to have some time with her. She's already decided on adoption if 2-3 IUI's don't work. Other than how pretty it is up there, she'll be a highlight of the trip. Everyone will be getting hammered and stoned out their mind, while I toss back O'Doul's. Cuz it's always fun to be the lone sober person.

All I do is day-dream about travel. I bought two travel writer books Wed. I think that's my new thing. To read as many travel books as I can. The "what it was like there in a cute story" kind, not Fodors. Travel writing might have become third in my list of "Other Careers I'd Like" list. Which includes run a greenhouse and teach Yoga for a living. This coming from someone who only reads about it and lives vicarioulsy thru her friend who travels. G just got back from SA and is leaving for Oz tomorrow for a week. Can't even imagine. So I'm going to make the best of our trip to exotic Snowshoe, WV for three days.

What sucks is I think I always sound like a bitter pill here lately when I write. It's because I don't want to vent all my irritations to the people around me. If I can offload it here it helps. I'm really not always grumpy and pissed at the world. Just a bit more lately than usual.

I'll write back Monday with pics of the ski-trip.